AUSTIN, Minn. – A chase through downtown Austin leads to the arrest of a husband and wife.
Police say they got a report Tuesday night of man with a beer dancing in the street near the east side bars. An officer says as he drove toward the area, he saw a car going the opposite direction at 50 miles per hour in a 30 mph zone. The officer says the driver of the car, later identified as the dancing man with the beer, sped through Austin until pulling into a driveway in the 700 block of 4th Street NW.
Police say that’s where Ashley Herry, 36 of Austin, got out of the car and was arrested. When Herry’s wife, Lovelynn, came out of the building, she was also picked up on an outstanding misdemeanor warrant in Mower County.
Ashley Herry has been booked into the Mower County Jail on charged of disorderly conduct, fleeing a peace officer in a motor vehicle, four counts of DWI, possession of drug paraphernalia, and speeding.
- Austin man arrested after chase through downtown
- Man arrested after chase, crash in Austin
- Austin man arrested after police chase
- Albert Lea man sentenced for Austin chase
- Albert Lea man going to prison for Austin police chase
- Rochester man gets probation for Austin car chase
- Man arrested after Austin garage fire
- Albert Lea man arrested in Austin
- Waterloo man arrested after high-speed chase
- Austin woman arrested for burglary