AUSTIN, Minn. – A Mower County man is accused of raping a 19-year-old female.
Steven Edwin Simon Jr., 40 of Austin, was arrested Tuesday and booked into the Mower County Jail on charges of 1st and 3rd degree criminal sexual conduct. Austin police say they were contacted late Tuesday afternoon by an adult friend of the victim who suspected she had been sexually assaulted.
According to court documents, the victim told investigators Simon raped her in her home earlier on Tuesday. The victim told authorities she threw her clothes in the garbage after the attack, then took a bath because she felt “dirty.” After complaining of pain in her vaginal area, the victim was taken to the hospital.
Investigators then say they went to speak with Simon about the incident and he reportedly described what happened between he and the 19-year-old female as an “affair.”
Simon is being held in the Mower County Jail on $25,000 unconditional bond.
- Austin man accused of raping a teenager
- Austin man sentenced for raping young girl
- Guilty plea in Austin rape case
- Austin man pleads not guilty to rape charges
- Austin man pleads guilty in Albert Lea rape case
- Austin man accused of selling heroin
- Austin man accused of child sex abuse
- Six Austin teenagers sent to hospital after weekend crash
- Austin man accused of dragging another man along the road
- Austin man accused of knife threat to get mental exam