AUSTIN, Minn. - Cobblestone Hotels is approved to build a new hotel in Austin just South of the old Hy-Vee building.
At its quarterly meeting Wednesday night, Austin Port Authority discussed the next steps for the project. The 20-day public objection period ended, and City Administrator and Executive Director of the Port Authority Craig Clark says that no one spoke up against the project. In fact, he says he's received a lot of positive feedback from the community about the hotel. "Quite a bit, a lot of excitement and enthusiasm. The community will be seeing a new hotel in the community and places for people to stay," he says.
Now that the public objection period is over, Cobblestone Hotels will move forward with design plans and financing.
There are currently four Cobblestone Hotels in Minnesota, and 24 in Iowa.
- Austin hotel project moves forward
- 324 Project moves forward
- Rochester moving forward with downtown circulator project
- Mason City moving forward with $200K brick paving project
- Fundraising complete for Austin Rec Center project
- Developers pushing for multi-purpose hotel in Austin
- City in Iowa moves forward with massage therapy ordinance
- Rochester fire department asking for public's input moving forward
- North-South bike trail in Mason City moves forward
- Rochester Public Schools moving forward with 2-question referendum