AUSTIN, Minn. – A Southgate fourth grader took first place in the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Fire Prevention Poster Contest.
About 435 fourth grader students from Banfield, Neveln, Southgate, Sumner, and Pacelli entered the contest and Rachel Kuhnke’s “Junior Fire Poster” was submitted and came in first in the state competition.
Principal Katie Baskins, Fire Chief Jim McCoy, Rachel Kuhnke, and Inspector Tim Hansen.
Rachel and her parents.
On Tuesday, Rachel received a letter of congratulations, a first place ribbon, a $75 check, and a copy of the MN Fire Chief magazine that featured her poster.
- Sunday fire in Austin
- Austin man takes plea on drug charge
- Austin takes the first step at state
- Convicted murderer claims innocence: 'I'm the perfect poster boy to take this case'
- Minnesota woman's face is now on a wanted poster
- Iowa first in the nation to use election cybersecurity posters
- Austin man pleads guilty to sexually abusing girl
- Girl rescued after falling through ice in Austin