AUSTIN, Minn. - An 18-year-old woman was found dead on an Austin sidewalk Saturday and authorities are trying to piece together how it happened.
Police said Monday it happened at 9 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of 8th Ave. SW.
The woman, who has not been identified, was found dead on the sidewalk next to her house.
Police said while on the scene, there was a man on the roof of the home who initially fled from police but was arrested on an unrelated probation violation. Police did not release his identity.
Police said there is no danger or threat to the public.
We will have more information as it becomes available.
- Austin death investigation underway after woman, 18, found dead on sidewalk
- Police identify Austin woman, 18, who was found dead on sidewalk near her home
- Investigation underway into death of Austin man
- Police: Death investigation underway after body found in Albert Lea
- Death investigation underway in Kossuth County
- Stewartville’s sidewalk situation
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- Woman found dead in southern Minnesota
- Austin woman arrested for burglary
- Woman found guilty in daughter's starvation death