AUSTIN, Minn. – A southern Minnesota car dealership is facing a loss of up to $21,000.
Law enforcement says Countryside Auto on Highway 218 put a Polaris Slingshot for sale online and was contacted by someone who called himself Christopher Woodjate or Woodgate from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He used multiple credit cards to purchase the vehicle and someone came to pick it up from the dealership on December 26.
Shortly after that, Countryside Auto was notified that one of the credit cards used in the sale was stolen and the Mower County Sheriff’s Office says it expects the other will turn out to be stolen as well.
- Austin auto dealer may have been swindled
- Prison for Austin heroin dealer
- Austin drug dealer going to prison
- Parking lot drug dealer sentenced in Austin
- Olmsted County auto dealer robbed over the weekend
- Rochester man pleads guilty to auto dealer burglary
- Woman charged with swindling 97-year-old Minnesota relative
- Accused drug dealers plead guilty
- Accused heroin dealer pleads guilty
- Trailer park drug dealer sentenced