AUSTIN, Minn.- The Austin Police Department want to clear up some confusion, after receiving complaints of political signs on public property.
Captain David Mckichan tells KIMT that they want remind residents that the boulevard is city property.
The boulevard is the section between the street and sidewalk.
Authorities will confiscate signs on public property.
They tell KIMT if it’s in front of the home they will try to contact the owners.
For residents who may not listen, they’ll confiscate the signs and keep them at the law enforcement center.
- Austin Police warn to keep political signs off public property
- Vandalism warning from Austin police
- Austin PD warns public about hot car safety
- Tax levy approved by Austin public school board could boost property taxes
- Austin Public Schools head back to class
- Rochester police warns public about misleading phone calls
- Rochester Public Schools warns against misleading fundraiser
- Public forum features candidates for Austin City Council positions
- Austin group encourages public to get CPR certified
- Austin Conference Educates Public On Autism Challenges in Community