It's an effort to boost tourism in a local community. As part of national tourism week, Discover Austin is teaming up with local attractions to encourage residents to be tourists in their hometown.
One of the landmarks on display is the Hormel Historic Home.
Organizers say events like this help to also draw in tourists to the area.
Austin residents Catherine Haslag is onboard with the idea.
“You often miss those pieces and its really nice to take the deep dive into your town,” said Haslag. “
Tourism week ends Saturday.
- Austin Celebrates Tourism Week
- Tourism on the rise in Austin
- Austin celebrates Citizenship day
- Tourism season seeing setback
- State Tourism Office said Congressman King tweet impacted tourism
- Hayfield celebrates National FFA Week
- Tourism money awarded in Mason City
- Midwest tourism awards for North Iowa
- Clear Lake businesses profiting from summer tourism
- SAW: Austin soccer