AUSTIN, Minn. - $22,000 in grants is being given out by the Austin Area Foundation.
Executive Director Jeff Baldus says it is an honor to distribute the grants that come from people helping people."
"When you look at the projects and the causes that get funded it is easy to see why we're excited,” says Baldus. “We create opportunities for the everyday donor to give 'bigger' as a group than what they could achieve and fund on their own. That is what our community foundation is all about."
The 2017 grant recipients are:
- ARC of Mower County, $1150 for a security system.
- Austin Area Commission for the Arts, $1,000 for a new movie screen.
- Austin Artist Series, $500 to help pay for venue & technical support.
- Austin Color Guard, $1,000 for Color Guard uniforms & expenses.
- Austin Symphony, $1,000 for partial program sponsorship.
- Beyond the Yellow Ribbon, $1,000 for partial sponsorship of American Traveling Vietnam Wall.
- Cedar River Watershed District, $500 for historical signage.
- Freedom Fest 2018, $1,000 for Finance Free Kid activities.
- Friends of the Hormel Nature Center, $900 to purchase digital cameras.
- Gerard Academy, $750 for play therapy supplies.
- Habitat for Humanity, $1,000 for safety equipment upgrades.
- Hormel Historic Home, $600 for busing approximately 400 students.
- Matchbox Children's Theater, $1,000 to help production costs for August shows.
- Mower County Agricultural Society, $800 for entertainment for youth at fairgrounds.
- Mower County Historical Society, $700 for Phase 2 - Collections Shelving Project.
- Northwestern Singers, $600 for instrumentalists and carpenter .
- Peer Power Partners, $600 to purchase 120 PPP students Twins tickets.
- Rachel's Hope, $1,000 for supplies for Earn While You Learn program.
- Relay for Life, $500 for Annual Survivor Dinner.
- Riverland Theatre, $600 to underwrite 200 tickets.
- Science Fair Mentoring Project, $500 for Science Experience and Science Fair Boot Camp for Parents.
- Second Addition, $750 to cover 1/2 the cost of 10 performances.
- Seibel Center, $2,000 for new server to run security camera.
- St. Olaf BackPack Programs, $1,000 for meals for Head Start children.
- Summerset Theatre, $1000 for production assistance for 51st Summerset Season.
- Wee Learning Center, $550 to furnish new classroom with quality toys.
- Austin Area Foundation announces grants for 2017
- Austin Area Foundation receives biggest gift ever
- Floyd County foundation announces annual grants
- Cerro Gordo County Community Foundation announces grants
- Austin Area Arts gets a four-year grant
- Big grant for new Austin rec center
- SEMAC announces a new round of grants
- Community coalition for Rochester area Housing announced
- Multi-million dollar Mayo expansion announced in Austin