AUSTIN, Minn. – A Mower County arts organization has received the biggest operating grant in its history.
Austin Area Arts has been awarded $49,148 a year for four years from the Minnesota State Arts Board.
“A multi-year operating grant is the holy grail of funding for an arts organization,” says Austin Area Arts Executive Director Laure Helle. “These funds will allow Austin Area Arts’ staff to focus on serving the community rather than a constant pressure to bring in revenue.”
The money will be used to support general operations such as utilities and staffing.
Austin Area Arts says it completed an extensive written application for the grant which was scored by a panel of artists and arts stakeholders. The Minnesota State Arts Board also conducted a site visit and sent a representative to experience one of Austin Area Arts’ programs.
- Austin Area Arts gets a four-year grant
- Austin Area Foundation announces grants for 2017
- Austin Art Center displays exhibit on black art
- Big grant for new Austin rec center
- Annual Art Gallery for Area Youth
- Austin Area Foundation receives biggest gift ever
- SAW: Austin soccer
- Sunday fire in Austin
- SAW: Austin's Tate Hebrink
- Austin sex abuser sentenced