AUSTIN, Minn.-February is Black History Month. It’s a time dedicated to celebrating all of the contributions African Americans have made to society.
The Austin Art Center is showcasing dozens of black artists.
Laura Helle is the executive director at the art center.
She says this is a first for the center and wanted the community to see different types of art from diverse artists.
Helle hopes the exhibit can continue the conversation of inclusivity in Austin.
“Part of our mission to be able to bring that here so families and children don’t have to travel to the metro to see something similar,”she said.
The exhibit will be on display until March 23rd.
- Austin Art Center displays exhibit on black art
- An art exhibit unmasks brain injuries
- Race and culture discussed at art exhibit
- Rochester Art Center says profits are up
- Rochester Art Center says goodbye to Mental Health: Mind Matters exhibit, recognizes Suicide Prevention Week
- Austin photography exhibit showcases diversity
- Austin Area Arts gets a four-year grant
- Iowa fine arts standards changing
- Unmasking brain injury through art
- Art installation in Albert lea