DAKOTA CITY, Iowa – Two people are facing attempted murder charges in Humboldt County.
Authorities say Nicholas Joseph Bradley, 35 of Fort Dodge, and Vilma Cyreena Velasquez, 26 of Humboldt, tried to kill Austin Dean on April 29. Court documents allege the two were angry with Dean and looking to attack him. Authorities say that while Dean was riding his bicycle, Bradley intentionally ran into him with his truck while Velasquez was chasing after Dean with a bat.
Law enforcement says Bradley and Velasquez’ actions happened in Humboldt and were recorded on video.
Charges were filed against the two on June 29. Velasquez was arrested on August 6 and a warrant was served on Bradley on September 7.
- Attempted murder charges in Humboldt County
- Duo pleads not guilty to attempted murder in Humboldt County
- Woman pleads guilty in Humboldt County attempted murder case
- Another plea deal in Humboldt County attempted murder
- Attempted murder charge filed in Floyd County
- Attempted murder charge dropped against Rochester man
- Attempted murder trial delayed in Olmsted County
- Trial set in deadly Humboldt County collision
- Eastern Iowa man charged with attempted murder in stabbing
- Man facing attempted murder charges in relation to Austin fire