CLOSINGS: View Closings

Attempted murder charge dropped against Rochester man

Abdirhaman Abdullahi Abdirhaman Abdullahi

Two others already convicted in drive-by shooting.

Posted: Nov. 14, 2018 3:43 PM

ROCHESTER, Minn. – Charges have been dropped against the third defendant in a Rochester drive-by shooting.

Abdirahman Abdullahi, Kaisar Nur, and Abdulkadir Abukar were all charged with 2nd degree attempted murder for an incident on North Broadway on May 5, 2017. Rochester police say two people leaned out of a car and began firing at another vehicle. The 35-year-old victim told officers the men in the car had been following him before they started shooting.


Kaisar Nur

Abdulkadir Abukar

Nur, 30 of Burnsville, and Abukar, 27 of St. Cloud, pleaded guilty to drive-by shooting. Both were sentenced to seven years in prison, with credit for time served.

All charges against Abdullahi, 26 of Rochester, have now been dismissed. The Olmsted County Attorney’s Office says they cannot locate an important witness against Abdullahi and have decided not to prosecute at this time. Charges could be refiled in the future but County Attorney Mark Ostrem says time is running out under Minnesota’s statute of limitations.

Article Comments

Mason City
Clear
12° wxIcon
Hi: 21° Lo: 9°
Feels Like: -1°
Albert Lea
Clear
wxIcon
Hi: 18° Lo: 8°
Feels Like: -3°
Austin
Clear
14° wxIcon
Hi: 21° Lo: 9°
Feels Like: 1°
Charles City
Clear
10° wxIcon
Hi: 21° Lo: 9°
Feels Like: -3°
Rochester
Clear
10° wxIcon
Hi: 19° Lo: 8°
Feels Like: -4°
We are tracking a major winter storm for the weekend.
KIMT Radar
KIMT Eye in the sky

Latest Video

Image

Local brewery needs people to stop bringing in outside alcohol

Image

Another snowfall another clean up

Image

Tracking a Wintry Mess for the Weekend

Image

Free sleds

Image

Hy-Vee sled giveaway

Image

Mohawks, local teams headed to state

Image

Updates coming to RST

Image

New Rochester Police Captain

Image

Clearing snow out of the Cul-de-sacs

Image

RST Taxi license revoked

Community Events