ALBERT LEA, Minn. – An attempted child abduction has been reported at the Freeborn County Fair.
Sheriff’s deputies say they were patrolling the midway on foot at around 9:55 pm Saturday when they were stopped by a 12-year-old girl. Deputies say the girl reported walking on the gravel road through the parking lot near the 4-H building on the south side of the fairgrounds at around 9:10 pm when someone grabbed her waist from behind and said “keep walking and nobody will get hurt.”
The girl says it was only a few seconds before a nearby female yelled at the gabber to leave the girl alone. The girl says the person who grabbed her than ran away.
The Freeborn County Sheriff’s Office says the suspect is described as an adult male with an abnormally deep voice who was wearing dark shoes with white laces. The identity of the woman who yelled at him to stop is not known.
- Attempted child abduction reported at Freeborn County Fair
- Parents after attempted abduction at Freeborn Co. Fair: 'This is happening here'
- Freeborn County joins national child protection program
- Child sex abuse sentence in Freeborn County
- Man pleads to child sex abuse in Freeborn County
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County
- Motorcycle crash in Freeborn County
- Freeborn County Relay for Life
- Freeborn County safe thieves sentenced
- Looking into safety at Mower County Fair safety after incidents in Freeborn County