UPDATE: As of 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Erie is listed in critical condition at St. Mary's Hospital.
LANSING, Minn. – One person suffered life-threatening injuries in a pickup/truck collision Monday afternoon.
The Minnesota State Patrol says it happened around 4:11 pm at the intersection of Highway 218 and 270th Street, west of Lansing. The westbound car driven by Jazmin Claudia Portillo, 18 of Austin, pulled out in front of the southbound truck driven by Burton Jay Iversen, 79 of Austin.
The State Patrol says Portillo suffered a non-life threatening injury and was taken to Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin. A passenger in her car, Megan Marie Erie, 17 of Austin, was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital with a life-threatening injury. Iversen was unharmed.
All three were wearing their seat belts.
The Mower County Sheriff’s Office, Austin Fire Department, and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Life-threatening injuries after Mower County collision
- UPDATE: Life-threatening injuries in Mower County collision
- UPDATE: Man facing life-threatening injuries after Olmsted County crash
- Mower County woman injured in Winona County collision
- Mower County driver unhurt in van/semi collision
- Mower County collision sends one to the hospital
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- UPDATE: Mower County crash turns fatal
- Hayfield woman flown to the hospital with life-threatening injuries
- State Patrol: 4 injured in collision at Mower Co. intersection