BEDFORD, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say at least seven people were injured when a school bus was rammed by another vehicle in southwest Iowa's Taylor County.
Shenandoah station KMA reports that the accident occurred around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday at an Iowa Highway 2 intersection just east of Bedford.
Iowa State Patrol Sgt. Nathan Ludwig says five students and the drivers of both vehicles were taken to area hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries. He says the remaining 10 children on the bus were released to their parents.
Ludwig says the driver of the northbound vehicle apparently didn't halt at a stop sign and then hit the westbound bus, knocking the bus onto one of its sides.
The names of those involved haven't been released.
- At least 7 hurt in southwest Iowa school bus collision
- 2 students on school bus injured in northwest Iowa collision
- One hurt in Byron collision
- School bus/minivan collision in Austin
- Four hurt, one killed in northwest Iowa collision
- Patrol: 3 people killed, 2 hurt in western Iowa collision
- Wright County driver among three hurt in western Iowa collision
- Authorities say seven hurt in Byron collision
- One hurt in collision north of Austin
- Two hurt in Cerro Gordo County collision