UPDATE: The Iowa State Patrol has identified the fourth driver involved in a multi-vehicle collision Friday on I-35.
A semi driven by Dave Hofer, 45 of Huron, South Dakota, struck the SUV driven by Roger Miedtke, 79 of Fairmont,MN, which pushed Miedtke's vehicle into hitting the SUV driven gy Daryel Hamlin, 52 of Clear Lake.
Previous story below
CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa – Two people are hurt after a multi-vehicle accident on Interstate 35.
The Iowa State Patrol says Salina Bredow, 35 of Albert Lea, was driving south when she lost control near mile marker 184 and hit the cable guard rail, causing vehicles behind her to slow down. That led to a chain reaction crash involving three vehicles.
The State Patrol says Bredow and the driver of another vehicle, Roger Miedtke, 79 of Fairmont, MN, were injured in this incident and taken to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa. Daryel Hamlin, 52 of Clear Lake, was also one of the drivers involved in the crash.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office as well as fire departments from Clear Lake, Mason City, and Swaledale assisted at the scene of this accident, which occurred just before noon Friday. This crash is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: Fourth driver identified in I-35 chain reaction accident
- Chain reaction collision in Rochester
- Car/deer accident blocked I-35
- Trial set in Rochester chain-reaction crash
- Accident on I-35 in Franklin County
- UPDATE: Southbound I-35 reopened near Albert Lea
- 1 injured after I-35 accident in Freeborn County
- Semi accident slowing traffic on I-35 north of Albert Lea
- UPDATE: Around 70 vehicles involved in chain-reaction crash on Interstate-35
- UPDATE: I-35 reopened after semi crash in Worth County