Rochester, Minn – Authorities are looking for a suspect after a stolen vehicle was found vacant and on fire.
Rochester Police say it started around 1:30 a.m. Friday when an Olmsted County Sheriff's deputy tried to pull over a car on County Road 9 near 50th Ave. SE. The suspect took off at high rate of speed before police lost him in a neighborhood.
Minutes later, police came across the silver BMW engulfed in flames, on Sheffield Lane SE, near RCTC. The suspect was not inside the car when police found it. A neighbor tells KIMT he saw the suspect running away from the car.
The Olmsted County Sheriff's Office and Rochester Police started looking for the suspect using a K-9, but weren't able to track him down. They say the only description they have is a white male.
The vehicle was reported stolen from Chaddock Auto Sales on Sept. 29.
The Rochester Fire Department was called out to put out the flames, and they are also doing an arson investigation after it appears the car was intentionally set of fire.
The investigation is ongoing, stay with KIMT News 3 for the latest.
- Arson investigation underway after stolen car found on fire in Olmsted Co.
- Burglary investigation underway in Olmsted Co.
- Investigation underway after equipment thefts in Olmsted County
- Pair of theft investigations underway in Olmsted Co.
- Catalytic converters stolen in Olmsted County
- Car hits school bus in Olmsted County
- Update: Southern Minnesota fire being investigated as possible arson
- Sheriff: Truck stolen from Olmsted Co., found ditched in Dodge Co.
- Residential burglary being investigated in Olmsted County
- SUV, gun among things stolen in Olmsted Co. burglary