FOREST CITY, Iowa – An arrest has been made in connection to Friday’s pellet gun shooting of a Forest City school bus.
Forest City police say 32-year-old Martin Tindall has been charged with intimidation with a dangerous weapon, a felony, and third-degree criminal mischief. He was jailed in Winnebago County.
On Friday around 7:40 a.m., a Forest City school bus was traveling southbound on Clark St. when one of the rear windows exploded.
No students were hurt. The Forest City PD was called and determined the window had been shot out by a high-powered pellet gun (a Crossman Optimus Air Rifle).
According to court documents, Tindall was interviewed about the incident and “admitted to law enforcement that he was shooting his air rifle towards the school bus.”
Court documents state the pellet landed in a female’s hair.
Tindall is being held on $2,000 cash bond and his initial court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 12 at 11:30 a.m. at the Winnebago County Courthouse.
Court documents say the Tindall lives in the neighborhood where the shooting took place, on South Clark St. However, one neighbor said he hasn't seen Tindall living at that address.
The neighbor said South Clark St. is usually quiet and neighborly, and he's shocked something like this happened. He also said it's scary as quite a few kids live in this neighborhood.
"Anytime a weapon is discharged, there's that element that something could go wrong," Glen Pannkuk, the neighbor, said, "and especially when it's little children that have nothing to do. They're just innocent, and they might suffer the consequences."
Pannkuk said he believe the shooting was intentional.
"If you're shooting at a squirrel up in a tree, it's going to be up in the air," Pannkuk said. "It's not going to be down on a trunk, and if the bus gets between you and that tree, why are you squeezing the trigger?"
- Arrest made in connection to Forest City school bus shooting, neighbors respond
- Felony arrests made after Forest City search
- Forest City schools: Bus window shot out by pellet gun
- 2nd arrest made in connection to Sun Tan City robbery
- Trial set in pellet gun shooting of Forest City school bus
- Sentence set in pellet gun shooting of Forest City school bus
- Forest City man charged with assaulting his next door neighbor
- Arrests made in Minnesota shooting
- Teens arrested for drugs in Forest City
- Forest City school district buys empty lot