DES MOINES, Iowa – An arrest has been made in the killing of a hunter in Appanoose County.
The body of 31-year-old Curtis Ross of Cedar Falls was found November 25 in the public hunting land around Lake Rathbun at 115th Avenue near Sandy Branch. An autopsy determined that Ross died of multiple stab and gunshot wounds.
27-year-old Landon Davis of Promise City has now been charged with 1st degree murder for Ross’ death.
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation says some of the evidence collected in this case, which includes ammunition and several spent rifle casings in the area where Ross’s body was discovered, had Davis’ fingerprints on them.
A search was conducted of Davis’ home and a vehicle belonging to him was found hidden about a mile north of his residence. The DCI says several areas inside the vehicle tested positive for blood. Law enforcement also says it found a rifle concealed under farm equipment on Davis’ property, with blood and Davis’ fingerprints on it.
Law enforcement is still asking any hunters in the area where Davis was found to contact authorities if they find anything out of place.
- Arrest in killing of Cedar Falls hunter
- Barn fire kills pigs and sheep near Cedar Falls
- 19-year-old arrested for Cedar Rapids murder
- No casino for Cedar Rapids
- Man gets 45-year sentence for 2 Cedar Falls stabbings
- UPDATE: Victims identified in deadly Cedar Falls collision
- Chicago Bear pleads guilty in Cedar Falls bar fight
- Charles City semi driver involved in Cedar Falls crash
- Cedar Rapids police charge man with 1979 killing of teen
- Two killed and two hurt in Cedar Rapids shooting