EYOTA TOWNSHIP, Minn. – Charges have been filed after a two-vehicle crash in Olmsted County.
The Sheriff’s Office says it happened around 7:53 am Saturday in the 4300 block of 130th Avenue SW. 29-year-old Justin Geer of Millville and 26-year-old Shanden Ristau from Hayfield were both southbound when Geer slowed to turn left into a driveway. Authorities say Ristau slammed into Geer’s vehicle, sending it spinning.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says Ristau and a passenger, 23-year-old Juan Lopez of St. Paul, walked away from the collision. Lopez and Geer were sent to the hospital for treatment of minor injuries and law enforcement says Ristau was under the influence of unknown substances.
The car Ristau was driving was reported stolen out of Rochester.
Ristau is facing charges of criminal vehicle operation, DUI, possession of a stolen vehicle, and trying to give officers a false name.
- Arrest after weekend crash in Olmsted County
- One injured in weekend crash in Olmsted County
- Two injured in Olmsted County crash
- Two crashes in Olmsted County Saturday morning
- Injuries reported in Olmsted County crash
- Driver hurt in Olmsted County crash
- Four injured in Olmsted County crash
- Guilty plea in Olmsted County crash
- One hurt in Olmsted County crash
- Alcohol suspected in Olmsted County crash