AUSTIN, Minn. - Arik Andersen is Austin's 2017-2018 Teacher of the Year.
Andersen has worked for Austin Public Schools for 10 years. He is an English Language teacher at Austin High School. He's also involved in several extra-cirricular activities, including Robotics.
"When I come to school, I want to make sure that I'm really enjoying my job. And so whether that's having music in my classroom, knowing all my students, letting them do some of the teaching when they get an understanding of what to do. I want to come to work and I want to enjoy what I do and I really am enjoying it," Andersen said.
Andersen will now represent Austin in the 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year competition.
- Arik Andersen named Austin Teacher of the Year
- Former Austin Band teacher remembered
- Shakopee teacher named Minnesota teacher of the Year
- 20-year veteran named Austin Police Department captain
- Austin sophomore named All-American swimmer
- Austin Utilities named one of the "Best Places to Work"
- Austin Utilities named one of Minnesota's 'Best Places to Work'
- SAW: Austin soccer
- Sunday fire in Austin
- SAW: Austin's Tate Hebrink