OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. - A domestic situation escalated from a couple arguing over a child to a man being charged with felony domestic assault strangulation.
Samuel Steward, 34, of Stewartville, is facing the domestic charge along with a fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance charge for being in possession of methamphetamine when he was arrested.
Authorities say they responded to the 2300 block of Falcon Terrace Lane NW in Stewartville at 7:50 p.m. Monday.
Steward and a 27-year-old female began fighting over the stroller, authorities said, and the man claimed the woman wasn’t in condition to take care of the child. The woman wasn’t found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. That argument escalated into the felony domestic situation.
- Argument over child leads to felony domestic charge in Stewartville
- Stewartville man facing felony drug charge
- Stewartville drug argument leads to sentence for Rochester man
- Disturbance call in Decorah leads to felony domestic abuse charge
- Guilty plea in Stewartville domestic assault
- Not guilty plea in Stewartville domestic assault
- Incident in Ventura leads to felony domestic abuse charge for woman
- Authorities: Dispute about TV leads to felony domestic abuse charge in Worth County
- Mason City man facing felony domestic abuse charge for strangulation
- Mason City man facing felony domestic abuse charge