MASON CITY, Iowa - Local veterans at good shepherd health center in Mason City were honored during a special luncheon.
Applebee’s extended their free meal for veterans a day early for veterans at the nursing home facility.
The meal included chicken tenders, French fries and a piece of cake for veterans and their families.
James Trappe, one local ARMY Veteran says having organizations honor vets for their sacrifice means a lot to him.
“That really feels good and I’m sure it feels good to everyone in here that someone wants to actually honor you."
Veterans can go to Applebee’s and receive a free meal on November 10th.
- Applebee's gives out free lunch to veterans
- Stewartville school lunch survey
- Mason City Transit offers free rides for participants of summer lunch program
- 'Lunch shaming' bill awaits Gov. Reynolds' signature
- The lunch rush: Does your child have enough time to eat school lunch?
- Area library providing lunch for kids during winter break
- Governor signs bill banning 'lunch shaming' in Iowa schools
- Area schools starting to plan summer lunch programs
- Great turnout at annual Ethnic Lunch despite chilly weather
- Ellison: Can't block Minnesota students from graduation for lunch debt