MASON CITY, Iowa - KIMT was on scene Tuesday afternoon as seven dogs were seized from a Mason City residence.
The operation involving the Mason City Police Department happened in the 700 block of 13th St. SE.
Neighbors who spoke to KIMT said that the house has been a source of trouble on the street.
Police said if the family can pay for rabies vaccines and licenses for the dogs they will release them. The occupants of the home told police some of the dogs belong to relatives.
We will have more information as it becomes available.
- Authorities remove 7 dogs from Mason City residence
- Mason City over budget on snow removal
- City reminds residents of snow removal ordinance
- "Spare Parts" Author in Mason City
- Mason City Housing Authority opens new location
- Authorities identify man shot in Mason City
- Sheriff: 20 malnourished dogs removed from Howard County residence
- Residents react to Mason City shooting
- Mysterious booming sound baffling Mason City residents
- Police investigating dog attack in Mason City