MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of sexually abusing a 17-year-old boy has again been found guilty.
This was the third trial for Doug Lindaman, 62 of Charles City, man after his conviction in the first one was overturned by the Iowa Supreme Court and the second, which was moved to Franklin County, ended in a mistrial when a witness mentioned Lindaman’s criminal history.
The third trial was moved to Cerro Gordo County and concluded with the jury returning a guilty verdict Wednesday.
Lindaman was convicted of assault with intent to commit sexual abuse, an aggravated misdemeanor. Authorities say the abuse happened in 2011.
This trial began on April 9.
- Another guilty verdict for Doug Lindaman
- New trial date for Doug Lindaman
- Third sex abuse trial set for Doug Lindaman
- Mistrial declared in Lindaman sex abuse trial
- Guilty verdict in Whaley murder trial
- Guilty verdict in Rochester meth trial
- Guilty verdict in Winneshiek County murder trial
- Guilty verdict in Kossuth County killing
- Second guilty verdict in Winneshiek County killing
- Guilty verdict in eastern Iowa motorcycle chase