AMES, Iowa (AP) — Ames police say they've arrested a man suspected of fatally injuring his roommate at their apartment.
Officers who responded to the residence around 6:10 p.m. Thursday found the injured man suffering from knife wounds. Police say he was taken to a local hospital and then transferred to a Des Moines hospital, where he died.
Story County court records say 55-year-old David Hunter is charged with first-degree murder and with misdemeanor assault while displaying a dangerous weapon. Police say he threatened another person. Police have not released the name of the roommate or the other person.
The court records don't list the name of an attorney who could comment for Hunter.
The records say Hunter told investigators that he was responsible for the man's injuries.
- Ames police arrest man suspected of fatal stabbing
- Police looking for man who stabbed woman in Ames
- Police charge Boone woman with fatal stabbing of man
- UPDATE: Suspect and victims identified in fatal Rochester stabbings
- Arrest made for near-fatal stabbing in Wright County
- Rochester Police: Woman arrested after stabbing man with scissors
- Neighbors react to Rochester fatal stabbings
- Police: Waffle House suspect arrested
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Dodge County pleads not guilty
- Police: Suspect and victim stabbed after Rochester robbery