MASON CITY, Iowa – An Ames man reaches a plea deal over a Mason City assault.
Police say Jared Michael Kropf, 29, hit a man in the face with a pocket knife on June 8. Officers say the knife blade was not unfolded. The victim suffered a fractured orbital bone on the right side of his face.
Kropf’s trial was scheduled to start on Tuesday but he has entered a guilty plea to assault causing bodily injury.
He has been sentenced to 160 days in jail and ordered to pay a $315 fine.
- Ames man takes plea in Mason City assault
- Plea deal in Mason City sex assault
- Mason City man takes plea deal in drug case
- Guilty plea and sentence in Mason City assault
- Mason City man accused of weekend assault
- Mason City woman takes plea deal in meth case
- Mason City man accused of felony burglary, theft in Ames
- Ames man pleads not guilty to Mason City knife attack
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Guilty pleas in Mason City theft