MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of hitting someone in the face with a knife is pleading not guilty.
Jared Michael Kropf, 28 of Ames, is scheduled to stand trial on October 2 for willful injury causing serious injury as a habitual offender and 2nd degree criminal mischief.
He was arrested July 10. Law enforcement says an argument in the 900 block of 16th Street NE in Mason City escalated when Kropf took out a pocket knife and, without unfolding the blade, hit a man in the face with it. Authorities say the victim suffered a fractured orbital bone on the right side of his face.
Kropf is also accused of damaging the victim’s car by breaking out the windows, tail lights, and trunk.
- Ames man pleads not guilty to Mason City knife attack
- Rochester woman pleads guilty in knife attack
- Mason City man pleads not guilty to attacking a woman
- Rochester man pleads guilty in knife threat
- Austin man pleads guilty to knife threat
- Mason City man pleads guilty to trespass
- Mason City man sentenced for knife incident
- Teen pleads guilty to Mason City gunfire
- Mason City couple pleads guilty to forgery
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to knife threat