ROCHESTER, Minn.- It is American Education week, a time to honor those who make a difference in the lives of children.
We caught up with members of the American Legion in Rochester, who are out saying thank you to teachers.
Shirley Oberle and her husband are making stops at Rochester schools. They will be dropping off dozens of boxes of apples to educators.
Shirley says the sweet treat is a way to show support for teachers.
“They help our children and guide them along. I'm sure in this day and age it's can't be easy,” she said.
- American Legion Post #92 members say thank you to educators
- American Legion Post #92 in Rochester opens its new location
- Happening Tuesday: American Legion Legacy Ride
- Helping the Albert Lea American Legion
- The American Legion Post 56 honors their veterans in Albert Lea
- Le Roy American Legion raising funds for a veterans memorial
- RPS American Indian Education holds 2nd Annual Powwow
- Educators collaborate on trauma-informed education
- Calling all women, Auxiliary Unit 92 wants you
- Educating future winter drivers