KIMT NEWS 3-Alliant Energy is increasing its gas and electric prices, and you are going to start seeing the impacts later this year.
A spokesperson for Aliant Energy said a 5% increase will go into effect starting in April, and if the board approves the increase it would go up around 25% next year.
They said the increase is to help recover costs for wind turbine investments as well as upgrades to their power grid.
The board will make a stop at the Historic Park Inn for you to voice your concern or you can follow the link below.
- Alliant Energy increasing its gas and electric prices
- Alliant Energy working on upgrading Cerro Gordo County's electric system
- Accused Alliant Energy burglar pleads not guilty
- Iowa approves rate hike for Alliant Energy
- Alliant Energy releases flood safety information
- Final sentence in theft from Alliant Energy trucks
- Alliant Energy customers can purchase trees through "Operation ReLeaf"
- Alliant Energy will be turning off some air conditioners Thursday
- Thanksgiving gas prices
- Two Alliant Energy employees credited with helping elderly woman during Mason City dog attack