KOSSUTH COUNTY, Iowa – The Algona Police Department is asking the public to lock their vehicles and garages after a string of weekend thefts.
Police say from Saturday night to Sunday morning, “a group of individuals went to numerous residences in Algona, entered unlocked garages and unlocked vehicles and stole bikes, tools, cash and misc. electronics.”
Police are asking anyone with video surveillance from State St. to Oak St. from Thornington St. to Phillips St. to contact them at 515-295-3515.
“With your cooperation, we can hopefully identify suspects and prevent future incidents like this from occurring,” police said.
- Algona police asking for public's help after string of thefts
- Algona superintendent resigns
- Local union gives to Algona Manor residents
- Algona man pleads not guilty to sending, receiving naked images
- Algona science teacher selected for national STEM grant
- Reaction after string of construction thefts: 'You hear a lot about them'
- Four area teams ranked in Class A; Algona with two ranked teams
- Businesses react to string of robberies
- Police warn about increase in thefts
- Police closer to solving string of church burglaries in Albert Lea