CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A Floyd County man accused of sexual contact with minor children is entering an Alford plea.
That means Shane Michael Davis, 40 of Charles City, isn’t pleading guilty to charges of lascivious acts with a child and indecent contact with a child, but concedes he could be convicted at trial and agrees to accept sentencing.
A criminal complaint filed in October accused David of having sexual contact with two children in July or August.
- Alford plea to child sex crimes in Floyd County
- Alford plea in drunken crime spree in Forest City
- Alford plea in boy's broken arm
- Not guilty plea in Floyd County child sex abuse
- Man entered Alford plea in Mitchell County kidnapping case
- Guilty plea in Mitchell County child sex crime case
- Woman accused of sexual abuse, assault takes Alford plea
- Second guilty plea in Floyd County crime spree
- Guilty pleas in Floyd County farm burglary
- Guilty plea in Floyd County bank embezzlement