FOREST CITY, Iowa – A plea deal is reached in a North Iowa crime spree.
Kurt Neil Gabrielson, 48 of Forest City, entered an Alford plea Tuesday in Winnebago County District Court to 2nd degree burglary and two counts of extortion.
Gabrielson was arrested in March 2018 after Forest City police said Gabrielson entered the homes of at least two people, harassed a woman in her car, and refused to obey police orders. Court documents state a breath test at the Winnebago County jail showed Gabrielson with a blood alcohol content of .185, over twice the legal limit.
A sentencing hearing is set for July 16. An Alford plea means Gabrielson is not admitting guilt but concedes he could be convicted at trial.
- Alford plea in drunken crime spree in Forest City
- Probation for Forest City crime spree
- Alford plea to child sex crimes in Floyd County
- Alford plea in boy's broken arm
- Guilty plea in drunken crash
- Guilty plea in North Iowa crime spree
- Woman accused of sexual abuse, assault takes Alford plea
- Man entered Alford plea in Mitchell County kidnapping case
- Guilty plea in drunken child custody exchange
- Second guilty plea in Floyd County crime spree