FARMINGTON TOWNSHIP, Minn. – A near miss turned into a one-vehicle rollover Tuesday evening in Olmsted County.
The Minnesota State Patrol says Andrew Christopher Chilson, 30 of Elgin, was driving north on Highway 63, about one mile north of the intersection with 75th Street, when he crossed over the center line a little before 7:30 pm. Chilson nearly hit a southbound vehicle head-on, then continued across the southbound lane and entered the ditch, rolling his car onto its side.
Chilson was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester for what are described as non-life threatening injuries. The State Patrol says he was wearing his seat belt. They also say they believe alcohol was involved in this crash.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office, Elgin Fire Department, and Gold Cross Ambulance assisted at the scene.
- Alcohol suspected in Olmsted County crash
- 9 of 30 Olmsted County businesses fail alcohol compliance check
- Third murder suspect in Olmsted County jail
- Suspect sought in Olmsted County burglary
- Two crashes in Olmsted County Saturday morning
- Injuries reported in Olmsted County crash
- Driver hurt in Olmsted County crash
- Two injured in Olmsted County crash
- Arrest after weekend crash in Olmsted County