ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A Freeborn County man gets probation for firing a gun into the air.
Tyler Dain Christensen, 30 of Albert Lea, received two years of supervised probation Friday and must also do 40 hours of community work service.
He was arrested in August 2018 after a fight with a family member. Law enforcement says Christensen hit a sibling in the back with a shovel and then fired off a rifle as the sibling was leaving. He eventually pleaded guilty to intentional discharge of a firearm.
Christensen was arrested after authorities surrounded a building he was in and he surrendered.
- Albert Lea man sentenced for rifle fire
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- One arrested after rifle fire hits an Albert Lea home
- Albert Lea man sentenced for meth possession
- Albert Lea man sentenced for Austin chase
- Albert Lea man sentenced for bedroom burglary
- Albert Lea man sentenced for setting fire to auto dealership
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea woman sentenced for summer assault