ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A man accused of beating a woman until she suffered injuries that could last a lifetime is pleading not guilty.
Douglas J. Simons, 50 of Albert Lea, is charged with 1st and 3rd degree assault. Law enforcement says Simons drunkenly attacked a woman on July 12, punching her and slamming her head into the ground. The woman’s eye was swollen shut and a doctor says she may have a brain injury that could affect her “the rest of her life.”
Simons was arrested August 5 at the Diamond Jo Casino in Worth County when authorities say he was intoxicated and refused to leave.
A trial is scheduled to begin January 21, 2020, in Freeborn County District Court.
- Albert Lea man pleads not guilty in brutal beating
- Albert lea man pleads guilty to gunfire
- Albert Lea man pleads not guilty to aggravated robbery
- Albert Lea man now pleading guilty in two states
- Albert Lea man pleads guilty in Mower County
- Geneva man pleads guilty in Albert Lea disturbance
- Albert Lea man pleads guilty to North Iowa car chase
- Man pleads not guilty to Albert Lea burglary/assault
- Austin man pleads not guilty to Albert Lea sex assault
- Albert Lea man pleads not guilty to escape charge