Albert Lea, Minn. – An attic fire resulted in around $20,000 in damage to a home at 1405 Oakwood Dr. on Thursday.
According to the Albert Lea Fire Department, a passerby reported the fire around 3:50 p.m. and responders found smoke coming from the roof vent. Due to limited attic space, crews had to remove part of a ceiling in one of the bedrooms to gain access.
Fire crews were on scene for about 2.5 hours extinguishing hot spots and removing burned insulation. It was an electrical fire.
The homeowner said earlier in the day a ceiling fan had fallen in one of the bedrooms and they had been having breakers tripping in that area of the home.
- Albert Lea house fire causes $20K in damage
- Fire damages house just outside Albert Lea
- Insulation fire damages Albert Lea home Friday
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea residents clean up storm damage
- Flames damage half of Albert Lea duplex
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Fire at Albert Lea business causes minimal damage
- Fire causes $35,000 worth of damage in Albert Lea