ALBERT LEA, Minn.- Several dozen Albert Lea community members gathered with heavy hearts on Friday night to honor the family of the 9th grade boy who took his own life.
George Marin is the pastor of Grace Christian Church and says bullying played a significant role in the boy's decision to take his life.
Prayers were said in honor of the boy and his family as the Pastor called for the community to embrace them in this dark time.
Bullying statistics were shared while community members had a conversation about how to prevent bullying and what to do if you or someone you know is being bullied.
A GoFundMe page was made for the family to help pay for funeral expenses. Click here to donate.
- Albert Lea community grieves the loss of a student
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Prison for Albert Lea burglar
- Art installation in Albert lea
- Flames destroy Albert Lea garage
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea Community Theatre Presents "Love, Loss and What I Wore"