ALBERT LEA, Minn. - Monday evening the city of Albert Lea narrowed it down to four applicants to interview for the city manager position. Interviews are scheduled for July 17-18. The applicants will meet with city staff and city council on these days.
The city released the following information Tuesday on the candidates:
· Willie Morales – most recently served as the Town Administrator for the Town of Northfield, Massachusetts, where he was employed for one year. Prior to that, he was the Town Administrator for the Town of Monterey & Sandisfield, Massachusetts, for one year, and a City Management Intern for the City of Hudson, Iowa, for two years. Mr. Morales holds a bachelor’s degree in Liberal Studies and a master’s degree in Public Policy.
· Brent Clark – most recently served as the Assistant City Administrator/City Administrator for the City of Grand Island, Nebraska, where he was employed for four months. Prior to that, he was the City Administrator/Planning & Zoning Administrator for the City of Broken Bow, Nebraska, for nearly four years, and the City Administrator/Clerk/Treasurer for the City of Dakota City, Nebraska for three and a half years. Mr. Clark holds a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration.
· David Todd – currently serves as the City Administrator for the City of Pine Island, Minnesota, where he has been employed for four years. Prior to that, he was the City Administrator for the City of Lanesboro, Minnesota, for two years, and a Police Sergeant/Patrol Supervisor for the City of Maryville, Missouri, for eleven years. Mr. Todd holds a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, with a minor in Criminal Justice, and a master’s degree in Public Administration.
· Adam Thompson – is currently employed by the Greater Muscatine Chamber of Commerce & Industry as the Director of Economic Development where he has been serving for over one year. Prior to that, he was the Community Development Coordinator & Airport Director for the City of Muscatine, Iowa, for nearly five years, and the Brownfields Program Coordinator for the City of Coralville, Iowa, for over one year. Mr. Thompson holds a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a master’s degree in Urban & Regional Planning.
Albert Lea resident Barbara Osmundson has taken an interest in the search. she shares who she thinks the new city manager should be.
" I would like to see somebody who is educated on a lot of things, who has some experience and who will lead with the city in his heart," Osmundson said.
A decision is expected to be made on July 18th.
- Albert Lea city council narrows search for city manager
- Albert Lea needs a new city manager
- New city manager hired in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea announces 4 finalists for city manager position
- Residents meet and greet with Albert Lea City Manager candidates
- Albert Lea city employees' information compromised
- Albert Lea trail looks to connect cities
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Ex-manager sentenced for stealing from Albert Lea Dairy Queen
- Social media partnership between City of Albert Lea and the Albert Lea Community Theatre