ALBERT LEA, Minn. – A man taken into custody was charged with terroristic threats after police responded to a report of someone bringing a gun to a business.
The Albert Lea Police Department says it was called just before 1 p.m. Tuesday about a 37-year-old former employee of Lou-Rich returning to the premises with a shotgun and intending to threaten a supervisor.
Police say the suspect, Phillip Jonathan Martinez, had been dismissed from employment Tuesday morning, returned, and then left the scene before police arrived. He was later booked into the Freeborn County Jail.
Officers say they located Martinez at his home in the 1000 block of Fountain Street W and apprehended him without harm to himself or others.
“Luckily nobody was injured," says Lou-Rich CFO Steve Tufte. "Moving forward we are going to be reevaluating our security at the door.”
- Man accused of shotgun threat at Albert Lea business charged with terroristic threats
- Man pleads not guilty to Albert Lea shotgun threats
- Rochester man pleads guilty to terroristic threats
- Rochester man gets probation for terrorist threats
- 2 facing assault, terroristic threats charges after gun-related incidents
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- West Concord man pleads guilty to terroristic threats
- Small Business Saturday in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea woman facing aggravated robbery charge
- Man facing charges for terrorist threats after waving BB gun in the air