ALBERT LEA, Minn. - Less than a day after the Minnesota Governor's Fishing Opener and we're already talking about next year's big event. Albert Lea Convention and Visitors Bureau has confirmed they will host the 2019 opener.
A facebook post by the convention and visitors bureau states: "The Albert Lea Lakes Area is honored to be selected as the host site of the 2019 Minnesota Governor's Fishing Opener", said Albert Lea Lakes Area Convention and Visitors Bureau Executive Director, Susie Petersen.
Petersen went on to say, "We are thrilled this will be the first time, in the history of the event that it will be held in our area. I am grateful for the many organizations that pulled together for the opportunity to plan for the fun events and showcase our beautiful area."
- Albert Lea Lakes Area to host 2019 Governor's Fishing Opener
- Albert Lea businesses ready for governor's fishing opener
- Volunteers needed for Governor's fishing opener in Albert Lea
- Fishing Opener 2019: 600 volunteers coming together in Albert Lea
- Fishing Opener 2019 a chance to showcase Albert Lea
- Fishing Opener 2019 a boon to Albert Lea businesses
- Fishing Opener 2019 a boost to Albert Lea's economy
- Authorities expecting extra traffic on Albert Lea lakes while hosting fishing opener
- 2019 MN Governor's Fishing Opener will be held in Albert Lea
- Fishing Opener 2019: Learning the stories of Albert Lea through 'The Biggest Fish Story'