ALBERT LEA, Minn. - The Albert Lea Community Theatre is presenting a drop-in show in addition to their regular season. "Love, Loss and What I Wore" opens at the Marion Ross Performing Arts Center Thursday night.
"Because we're doing it as a drop-in show, we wanted to do it as a charity to raise money for women's causes," said Kris Bartley, who is directing the show.
Half of the proceeds will be donated to different local organizations that help and support women. The show is a series of scenes and monologues centered around a common theme.
"It's about women's lives and their shared experience as women, based on the clothing they wore. Much like you have a song that will bring back a memory, these women all talk about an article of clothing that evokes a memory in their life," said Lisa Sturtz, who is acting in the show.
The performances for "Love, Loss and What I Wore" are Thursday, November 9th - Saturday, November 11th at 7:30pm. There's also a performance at 2:00pm on Saturday.
- Albert Lea Community Theatre Presents "Love, Loss and What I Wore"
- Albert Lea stabber sentenced
- Albert Lea police investigate shooting
- Albert Lea's Glazier picks Iowa
- Camper fire in Albert Lea
- Prison for Albert Lea burglar
- Art installation in Albert lea
- Flames destroy Albert Lea garage
- Forklift fire in Albert Lea
- Albert Lea community grieves the loss of a student