Photo Gallery 4 Images
CERRO GORDO COUNTY, Iowa – One person is dead after a nearly head-on collision Monday on the Avenue of the Saints.
It happened around 11:34 am on Highway 18, near mile marker 190. The Iowa State Patrol says a 1988 Buick Century was eastbound in the westbound lane and crashed into the westbound 2018 Ford Transit Van driven by Blaine Hobart Freeman, 54 of Elk Run Heights.
The State Patrol says one person was killed in the crash while Freeman was injured and taken to Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa.
The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Office, Iowa DOT, Mason City fire and EMS, Nora Springs fire and EMS, and Mercy Air Med all assisted at the scene.
- Update: State Patrol says wrong-way driver caused fatal crash on Ave. of the Saints
- UPDATE: State Patrol identifies Cresco driver involved in Fillmore County fatal collision
- State Patrol: Rudd driver involved in Freeborn County crash
- State Patrol advising drivers to slow down
- UPDATE: Drivers identified in fatal Mitchell County crash
- UPDATE: Driver identified in fatal Dodge County crash
- Patrol: Fatal crash near Mankato was hit-and-run
- UPDATE: Minnesota State Patrol: No serious injuries or fatalities from 12 a.m. to 10 a.m. Tuesday
- State Patrol: Friday's fatal crash on I-90 was Minnesota's deadliest since 2010
- UPDATE: Man identified in fatal crash