ADAMS, Minn. – A southern Minnesota town is beginning its 150th birthday celebration.
Adams in Mower County was officially founded on January 30, 1868 and a Sesquicentennial Kickoff was held on Sunday. The community of roughly 800 people is located about 15 miles southeast of Austin, just five miles north of the Iowa/Minnesota border.
The full Sesquicentennial Celebration is set for June 8.
- Adams turns 150 years old
- Not guilty plea in 150 mph pursuit
- Mayo clinic in Adams is being closed
- Rochester John Adams PTSA meeting postponed
- UPDATE: Rochester John Adams PTSA meeting postponed
- Iowa's "Smokefree Air Act" turns 10 years old
- North Iowa Youth Center turns 20 years old
- KIMT turns 64!
- Peloton sued for $150 million over its use of songs in workout videos
- Golden Apple Winner: Adam Brinkman at Osage Middle School