MASON CITY, Iowa – Separate trials are scheduled for the two men accused of stealing a lawnmower from Mills Fleet Farm.
Charles Edward Ross, 54 of Des Moines, and Calvin Jerome Lacy, 44 of Chicago, are both charged with 2nd degree theft and possession of a tool to remove a theft detection device. Ross is also charged with possession of methamphetamine-1st offense.
The men were arrested in the early morning hours of September 24, with Mason City police saying they loaded the mower into a moving van before eventually being stopped on Interstate 35. Police say a bolt cutter was found in their possession.
Ross is due to stand trial on January 15, 2019. Lacey’s trial is set for January 8, 2019.
- Accused lawnmower thieves plead not guilty
- Accused safe-thieves plead guilty
- Accused safe thieves plead not guilty
- Accused tractor thieves plead not guilty
- Accused Walmart thieves plead not guilty
- Accused stabber pleads guilty
- Storage unit thieves plead guilty in Hancock County
- Accused heroin dealer pleads guilty
- Accused car thief pleads guilty
- Accused strangler pleads not guilty