MASON CITY, Iowa – A cleaning woman accused of stealing jewelry is pleading not guilty.
Kelly Louise Frein, 59 of Mason City, is charged with 1st degree theft. Authorities say she stole more than $10,000 worth of gold, silver, and diamonds from a Mason City home between July 1 and August 15 of 2018.
Police say Frein admitted to the thefts during an interview and was caught with multiple items of jewelry belonging to the victim.
Her trial is scheduled to begin on May 7.
- Accused jewel thief pleads not guilty
- Accused car thief pleads guilty
- Accused pig thief pleads guilty
- Accused change thief pleads not guilty
- Jewel thief sentenced in Hancock County
- Accused mail thief pleads guilty in Hancock County
- Tool thief pleads guilty in Winnebago County
- Accused stabber pleads guilty
- Not guilty plea from accused car thief
- Not guilty plea from accused truck thief