MASON CITY, Iowa – A woman accusing a trashing a Clear Lake hotel room is ruled incompetent to stand trial.
Jennifer Lynn Lindquist, 32 of Mason City, was charged with 2nd degree criminal mischief after an April 3 incident where authorities say Lindquist broke furniture, the window, and the air conditioning in a room at Americas Best Value Inn, then threw things out the window.
The estimated damage to the room was $2,000.
A competency hearing was held for Lindquist where she was found to be suffering from mental illness and have a history of borderline personality disorder. A judge ruled Lindquist posed a danger to the public and she’s been committed to the Iowa Medical and Classification Center for treatment.
- Accused hotel room vandal ruled incompetent to stand trial
- Rochester man found incompetent to stand trial
- Accused sex abuser found incompetent to stand trial
- Iowa woman accused of racist attacks ruled incompetent for trial
- Man accused of assault is ruled incompetent
- Rochester man accused of random stabbing ruled incompetent to stand trial
- What it means to be 'incompetent to stand trial'
- Rochester mom charged with trying to murder her kids is ruled incompetent to stand trial
- Accused embezzler to stand trial
- Austin man ruled incompetent in Dodge County home invasion