MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of tricking a woman out of thousands of dollars is pleading not guilty.
Imonije Nathaniel Emuobosa, 41, of Douglasville, Georgia, is charged with 2nd degree theft in Cerro Gordo County. Authorities say he pretended to be an agent from the United Nations diplomatic courier service and tricked a Mason City woman out of $3,000 by promising her he would deliver a box in exchange for the money.
Emuobosa is scheduled to stand trial beginning May 21.
- Accused con-artist pleads not guilty in North Iowa
- Accused stabber pleads guilty
- Wisconsin man pleads guilty in North Iowa
- North Iowa teen pleads guilty again
- Accused drug dealers plead guilty
- Accused heroin dealer pleads guilty
- Accused car thief pleads guilty
- Accused strangler pleads not guilty
- Accused check forger pleads guilty
- Accused pig thief pleads guilty