VENTURA, Iowa – A truck carrying part of a wind turbine tower overturned north of Ventura Monday evening.
It happened on Balsam Avenue near the intersection with 310th Street where the truck appeared to have rolled down the embankment on the west side of the road. The avenue was closed to allow a large crane to be set up to remove the wreckage of the truck and retrieve the wind turbine structure.
- Accident involving part of a wind turbine closes North Iowa road
- Wind turbines coming down in northeast Iowa
- Upgrades planned for north Iowa wind turbine energy center
- Iowa Sen. Grassley: President Trump wind turbine comments 'idiotic'
- Wind turbine maker settles with Iowa over safety violations
- Wind turbine catches fire in Worth County
- Wind turbine project causes stir in Worth County
- Concerns raised over Worth County wind turbine project
- Turbine maintenance to close highway in Floyd County
- North Iowa man airlifted after motorcycle accident